For me, photography should cause an interaction between the viewer and the image — taking the mind away from the present into the realm of memory and dream.
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec. B.A. 1960
- Humber College, Rexdale, Ontario. Diploma in Creative Photography
- 2001 E3 Gallery New York, New York
One photograph chosen to be part of "Animal World" exhibition.
- Society for Contemporary Photographer's "Current Works 2001" show.
One photograph chosen and honourable mention.
- 2002 & 2003 Northumberland Art Gallery, Cobourg, Ontario
Participated in Juried Show.
- 2004 The Wittliff Gallery, San Marcos, Texas
Two Photographs in Texas Photographic Society's Juried Show, Juror Bill Wittliff.
- 2004 Northumberland Art Gallery, Cobourg, Ontario
Two Photographs in Juried Show.
- 2004 River Silver City - San Antonio, Texas
"The Funky Camera Show" — Five Photographs — One chosen for their promotional image.
- 2005 The Mark Wooley Gallery, Portland, Oregon
"One Foot After Another" show — Three photographs.
- 2005 Lancaster Museum of Art, Lancaster, PA
One photograph chosen for their juried photography show, Juror Katherine Ware.
- 2006 Participated in Festival Off of Foto & Photo Fotographia a Cesano Maderna, artistic director, Enrica Vigano of Admira, Milan.
- 2007 Nooderlicht Fotofestival Gallery, Groningen, the Netherlands, 17 photographs in a group show, guest curator Machiel Botman.
One Photograph chosen for invitation and poster.
- 2007 A.K. Collings Gallery, Port Hope, Ontario. Show shared with a fabric artist.
- 2009 Andrews Art Museum, North Carolina. Pinholes in a group show.
- 2010 Rayco Photo Center, San Francisco. One photograph chosen for their juried Pinhole Show.
- 2012 Northumberland Art Gallery, Cobourg, Ontario. One photograph chosen for juried show.
- 2015 One photograph chosen for the online exhibition of "Going Places" at PhotoPlace Gallery, Middlebury, Vermont. Juror Carlan Tapp.
- 2016 One pinhole photograph chosen as part of the" Emotion "exhibit at the A Smith Gallery, Johnson City ,Texas, juror Karen Divine.
- 2017 Two pinhole photographs in the "The Imperfect Lens" exhibition, at the A. Smith Gallery, Johnson City, Texas. Juror Susan Burnstine
- 2019 - One photograph exhibited in the Maine Museum of Photographic Arts. Part of the Barbra Morris Goodbody collection.
- 2019 - One pinhole photograph accepted for gallery exhibition in the PhotoPlace Gallery, Middlebury Vermont's Personal Narrative exhibition. Juror Ralph Hassenpflug
- 2019 - One pinhole photograph accepted for gallery exhibition in the PhotoPlace Gallery's "Women at Work" exhibition. Juror Amy Toensing.
- Spotlighted in Black and White Magazine, August 2005 Issue.
- Shots, an American Art Photography magazine.
All Images © Dorothy Richardson 2020. All Rights Reserved